Friday, September 17, 2010

A Sigh and A Tear

I was so very much looking forward to decorating our home for Fall.  I've collected several items over the past few years and it's always a fun day when I set them all out. With the house on the market, I've been excited thinking about how homey and welcoming the front porch will be for visitors.
Then it dawned on me that all of our decorations -- Fall and Christmas -- are currently being stored in a garage 770 miles away from here.  So, I guess that means no friendly scarecrow for the bench on our porch; no orange-and-yellow oak leaf garland will grace our front door; no pumpkins will be propped up on haybales by the mailbox; and -- I'm afraid to even think about it --  no Christmas tree, lights or ornaments come December.
When we packed up our belongings in January, we did so with the assumption that we'd  move in the next few months. We had no idea that summer would come and go and we'd begin a new school year still here in Oklahoma. I don't understand the Lord's plan in all of this, but I trust Him.  His timing is PERFECT. When His Will for our future comes to fruition, we will say "a-ha! That's why it took so long!"
In the meantime, now that the potted flowers and hanging baskets that bloomed so beautifully near the entrance over the summer have wilted and withered, prospective buyers won't have anything special to welcome them in.  I hope they'll sense the warmth and love of a large family and that they'll be drawn in by the coziness. That and a cinnamon-apple candle fragrancing our home.
Have a great weekend, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment