Monday, March 8, 2010

Hair We Go!








We have a two year-old tornado, also known as Luke. He has beautiful blonde hair that is unruly, to say the least. I took him for a haircut last Fall, but all we ended up with was a few bangs trimmed and a lighter wallet. He doesn't exactly sit still when he's told to and the poor hairstylist simply gave up. So, his hair has just kept on growing, framing his little face with angelic golden ringlets.
My mission for this week, while Matt is home, was for HIM to tackle the hair-cutting task. Maybe we could sedate Luke, then Matt could hold him while the stylist cuts away. If that didn't work, maybe I could hold him while Matt gets the clippers and just shaves the kid bald. Any number of scenarios have come to mind...just please, let my boy look like a boy again!
Ah...then today, IT happened. We were all in the car, driving around aimlessly while a realtor took prospective buyers through our house. Matt located a GNC store so he went in to make a purchase while the kids and I stayed in the Suburban. It was then that I saw the sign: "Snip-Its Haircuts for Kids". Could this be the solution? I made the other kids wait in the car while I eagerly took Luke inside.
It was a totally kid-friendly place closely resembling Chuck E. Cheese's but without the food. The stylist was great, and I'm pretty sure she had earned her degree in child-psychology because she never lost her cool even when Luke lost his. Several minutes later we emerged victorious, with a well-groomed -- albeit tear-stained-- little boy holding a dumdum sucker and a bottle of bubbles. All is well once again.

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW...He's a cutie--before and after! I love kid friendly places. When Hunter was around 3 or 4, he was so upset that the stylist said she couldn't finish!! I was like "what the?" Anyway, my husband shaved Hunter's head for a few years after that. Now he's older and does just fine! Funny post!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete