Sunday, March 7, 2010

Extreme Makeover - Soul Edition

There is a piece of land I drive by frequently, and on that land sits a vacant old, decrepid house. The shutters are barely hanging on, the windows are broken, the paint -- what's left of it -- is peeling off, the porch is falling apart. It always makes me feel a little sad when I see it. I wonder about the former occupants, what sad occurance in their lives would cause them to let their house deteriorate to that degree.
As we drove by it today, I was impressed in my spirit that the condition of my soul was similiar to the condition of that house. I need a makeover -- not the physical kind (though I'm all for that) -- but rather the kind that only God's saving grace can bring. I need to be restored from the inside out. While that house will probably one day be condemned and torn down, I can be rebuilt into whatever the Lord wants me to be. He is the master architect. I'm trying hard to stay within His blueprint, and thus there is a lot of remodeling going on in my life. It's all good! Not always enjoyable, mind you, but all good.

1 comment:

  1. I too am working on my soul. It is a tough process. I am being shown by the Lord things I really need to change that maybe I had been ignoring or minimizing. But, I too know that only He can fix what is wrong. I have to do my part, but it is through His healing grace that I can overcome my weaknesses. Thank you for this post.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete