Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ice and Snow and Fog-- Oh My!

On day 7 following the ice storm that brought our town to a halt, it is a welcome sight to see the snow and ice melting, dripping from my roof in little plip-plops. It is a sign that life can now get back to normal; the busyness of our days can resume and we can once again weave our way through the chaos that we're accustomed to. School will finally be in session tomorrow, meaning I can triumphantly reclaim my house from the clutches of disaster brought on by 7 stir-crazy kiddos.
Despite the relief I feel as the bad weather leaves, I will miss the freedom that came with the ice storm. No homework to grade, no house-showings to prepare for, nowhere we had to be. The kids played board games together and pranced around in the snow. We turned on the music and laughed at eachothers' silly dance moves. We had a sleepover with the neighbor kids.
We have all missed Matt and Zac, but the sadness of our incomplete family gave way to delight each evening as the kids learned school would be canceled the next day.
Overall, it was great week. A fun, cold, let's-all-smush-together-on-the-couch-with-a-blanket kind of week. Thank you, Lord, for giving us ice.

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca- I love your blog. I can relate so much to the things you write and you make it entertaining/funny/inspiring. Thank you so much for letting me read and be a part of this. Hopefully it will be helpful to one another to read the crazy stories that make up our lives. I especially liked your entry about how the Lord knows our needs, no matter how great or small. I've been struggling with my faith lately and I could feel as I read it, that it is true! He does know us and our needs. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! You're blogging. Zach and Seth, you look ticked in your pictures. Girls, lovely. Little guys, adorable. Glad we'll be able to keep up with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wasnt ticked in my pic. (btw, this is Zac), i was takin a pic for FB

    ReplyDelete