Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Countdown Begins: 7 Days...

I am officially entering the final week of my thirties. While I swallow hard at the thought of referring to myself as a 40 year-old woman (aack!!) I realized something incredible the other day. This could very well be the best decade of my life so far! Think about it: in my 40's I will celebrate both my 20th and my 25th wedding anniversaries, 4 of my children will graduate from high school, 2 could graduate college,and I could very likely become a mother-in-law and perhaps even a grandmother. Amazing!!! So much to look forward to!
My 30's are ending with so many questions about our future (see earlier posts). How wonderful to think that the answers will soon be known to us. It almost takes my breath away to realize that even as my youthfulness makes a graceful exit and middle-age steps in, God is also ushering in a new phase of life for our family. It is not by accident. It's His perfect timing -- out with the old, in with the new. Wow...
I am truly overwhelmed at the thought.
There is a song that speaks to me everytime I hear it: "Whatever You're Doing" by Sanctus Real. It pretty much sums up my heart's cry to the Lord. (I won't post all of the lyrics here, but you can Google the song title and they should come up in your search.)

"Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Revaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender..."


It is time for a milestone and it really is time to begin again. New job, new town, new church....new beginning. I can't wait to see how it all pans out!


1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at how psychologically and emotionally sound you are, having your husband and oldest away from you! The unknown is so hard and so is being away from the physical presence and support of a spouse! I'm sure your future is bright. I look forward to finding out how things turn out for you guys as well!

    Congrats on almost being 40! You'll have to tell me how it feels. I am so scared of getting there. I'm not far. I will be 37 in September. It is scary, but the things that you listed that will happen to you, will happen to me as well. Life really is wonderful...the different phases we go through.

    Thank you for your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete