Sunday, January 31, 2010

In the Waiting...

Wow. The house is quiet at 9:15 pm. I guess all the excitement of the ice storm we've had has worn down the kids and they're all sound asleep. Oh yeah...I could get used to this.
We are now entering week 5 of this difficult season of being apart. Matt was laid off from his job a few days before Thanksgiving and just 2 weeks after Nathan's birth. After a lot of prayer we decided to leave Oklahoma (our home for 5-1/2 years) and move to Indiana. So, while I stay here with kids #2-8 trying to sell the house, Matt is pursuing work and Zac is attending high school there in Martinsville, IN. They are staying with Matt's awesome brother and sister-in-law, Adam and Beth and their two children. Matt has made a trip home once but will probably remain there for quite a while before coming back home again. Zac has remained there the entire time. It's been four weeks since I've seen him, but it feels like so much longer.
I know that this is just for a season. I'm excited to see what the future holds: who will buy our current home, where we will live once we move, Matt's new job, what is in store for us as far as school for the 6 oldest...There are so many pieces that must fall into place. There are many times when all I can do is throw up my hands and say, "Lord- I can't make these things happen, but I know You can. I've done everything I'm able to, and I trust You to take care of the rest". There is such a peace that comes from knowing that everything will work out according to His perfect will and timing. It's hard to wait, though.

1 comment:

  1. i seriously just cried as i read that...i've cried like every day...i miss you guys so much...

    ReplyDelete