Saturday, February 11, 2012

Karis Destiny

She arrived beautifully on Monday, February 6 at 1:03 pm, eight days before her due date and two days ahead of my scheduled induction. I have a story to tell about her arrival, but alas...my brain is sleep-deprived so I shall save that post for another day. Meanwhile, here are some pics of our little peanut in all of her 6 lb., 7 oz. glory.


Matt left work to take me to my appointment. He was waiting in the car with Luke and Nathan when I texted him to say that I was being sent to Labor and Delivery. The poor guy never made it back to the store that day!

First picture, silver nitrate and all



My gangsters got to meet Karis later that evening. Grandma and Grandpa arrived at the hospital a short time later after driving from FL.


The new birthing unit at Hendrick Medical Center opened at 8 am Monday. Karis arrived just after 1 pm, being the first baby born there. This pink elephant was a gift from the hospital commemorating her celebrity status.
"No paparazzi, please!"

Ahhh....found my thumb!


First outing...Mommy's birthday lunch and shopping for baby girl clothes
Three days old

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I can't wait to read the next post about her actual birth. I am so behind! :) Love her name, I have a cousin named 'Karis'!! :)

    ReplyDelete