Friday, January 27, 2012

Waiting for Number Nine

Thought I'd give a quick update for those I don't talk with regularly. I'm 37 weeks along, having contractions every day and hoping to hold off delivery until February. I haven't gone early in any previous pregnancies, so I'm not overly concerned. I'm pretty sure I'm going to birth a spider monkey, however, because this baby is much more active than any of my others. I guess he/she can't wait to come meet the fam!
I absolutely love my doctor. She is great! She is very committed to her Christian walk and it is evident in her office, her website, and her bedside manner. If it weren't for the awkwardness of she being my ob, she is someone I would want to befriend.
As for the rest of the clan, we've had our ups and downs since moving here almost 6 months go. The West Texas weather is crazy.  70 today, 50 tomorrow, 28 in the morning...rain, drought, snow, sunshine...we get it all. Half the kids have head/chest colds right now and I'm trying to stave it off myself. The home we're renting has several issues, which complicates things further. Drafty windows, doors that don't close completely, plumbing problems that have resulted in mold all contribute to the ten of us constantly battling sickness. I'll be thankful when the weather stabilizes this Spring and our immune systems can relax a bit.
My broken foot is healing well. I was able to wear a regular shoe yesterday for a short time which is encouraging. I refuse to wear the walking boot to the hospital when the time comes, so I'm glad I have an alternative now. I think I'll avoid wearing heels to church again anytime soon, though. haha
Seth turned 15 last week. 15!!!! He's patiently waiting for his bday gift to arrive: a PS3 game system. We shopped around on ebay for a while and found the one he wants, and he contributed almost half of the cost. He's a good kid and he's hungry for the Word of God. It blesses me to see him reading his Bible regularly and attending youth group on Wednesdays. He enjoys studying theology like his dad. The past few weeks the two of them have watched a dvd series by John Piper together.
Guess that's about it for now. Don't know if I'll post again before Baby C or K arrives, but I will definitely post pics of our new bundle afterward. Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment