Saturday, March 19, 2011

Peace, Be Still

I've continued to ponder some of the things I mentioned in my previous post.  The Lord has no doubt been doing a work in me. The "Spring forward" time change has tried to get the better of me this week but this morning I was up bright and early before any of the children.  I awoke with anticipation about what the day has in store for us but also with a sense of unrest. I'm anxious. My hands are tied regarding our future; Matt and I have no control and no say in what happens next for us. We must depend fully upon our Heavenly Father and trust that when and where we move is His Will -- His good, perfect and flawless Will.  There is peace in knowing that, yet the imperfect person who is me still feels disheveled and anxious, worn-out and berated. I have no human strength left to finish this long journey to financial recovery; my hope for the future gets clouded by the reality of  our current state.
  However, the few minutes of uninterrupted quiet this morning afforded me time with God, and He graciously reminded me of this promise:
Peace, be still --know that He is God and He has us in His hand. Peace, be still --He knows the aching I'm feeling for life to get a little easier for all of us, wishing we could just cut a break.  Peace, be still --and give Him my tattered and broken heart and allow Him to re-fashion it until it beats with hope and encouragement. Peace, be still -- He is our good shepherd, and He cares for us. Peace, be still -- rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment