Friday, December 10, 2010

A Break from the Monotony

It's been a while, hasn't it?  That's because there hasn't been anything to report job-wise or otherwise.  Try as I might to conjure up positive and upbeat posts, sometimes it just ain't happening. Sorry.
Today however, I took the girls to a fun event and I thought I'd post the pics.  OKVA (the girls' online school) hosted a "Gingerbread Winterland" at a local ice arena.  There was skating, meet-and-greets for each grade and an optional gingerbread house contest.  It was attended by a few hundred people and we enjoyed getting to know other homeschoolers in our area.  Matt had fun hanging out at home with Nate and Luke for a few hours so I wouldn't have to keep track of them at the busy, cold rink.

Here are my lovely daughters before we went inside:
Madi and Katie enjoyed looking at the gingerbread houses.


Madi, Ally and Abby skated really well!  I was impressed, considering they've never ice skated before today. Katie and I were chicken and stayed off the ice.
 
Who in this picture needs a root touch-up? Sheesh!!! L'Oreal is calling my name!
Bonus pic:  Nathan has taken to running through the house with laundry on his head. I thought his expression here is priceless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment