Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm looking forward to a cozy day inside with my husband and kids today.  The past several days have been around 75 degrees and glorious, albeit windy (we're in Oklahoma, afterall.).  However, a cold front moved in overnight and we're expecting a high of 35 with rain today. There's a winter storm advisory for parts of the state. I stored the cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie on the patio to make more room in the refrigerator since it's cold enough out there now.
This week I've enjoyed teaching Abby and Ally the finer points of fluting a pie crust and brining a turkey.  Yesterday Katie and Luke helped me make pumpkin roll and we had so much fun! Those kinds of memories are what make a holiday so special.
The site "Awkward Family Photos" posted the following link. It is a humorous read so please click on it when you have an opportunity. I'm pretty sure a certain sibling of mine could have written a very similiar letter. (The thought is frightening, but true!)
I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving Day today!  Hugs to you all.
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/11/24/happy-thanksgiving-from-afp/

No comments:

Post a Comment