Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy 100th!

This is my 100th post, including the posts that I carried over from the old blog. Yay! To celebrate, I decided to blog about how we spent the first Saturday of college football season 2010.
The day started extra-early for me thanks to a wrong-number call to my cell phone at 6:30 a.m. I enjoyed a few minutes of quiet and then served melon to the kids as they came trudging through the kitchen.













 Matt got up a little while later and made "Go Blue"berry pancakes for the fam... and had some coffee, too.


















We cleaned the house and settled down to watch ESPN College GameDay, followed by a variety of football games. I made spicy pretzels, which I will brag about because I tweaked the recipe to suit us and they turned out awesome. (Recipe below).
Rooted for our beloved Blue as they won soundly....

Played outside and had pizza,
and then watched the OUgame, because that's what everyone does here in OKC.
The End.

Spicy Pretzels
2- 16 oz. bags small pretzel twists
3/4 c. olive oil
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning mix
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (more or less to your preference)
********************************************
Pour pretzels into large baking pan. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over pretzels and mix well. Bake at 200 degrees for two hours, stirring often. (I use my electric turkey roaster so I don't have to heat up the house.) Store in airtight container. These measurements make a double batch, which I divide into 2 large Ziploc bags. If you have fewer munchers, make half the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment