Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life After Facebook

Facebook was a good thing in my life, for the most part. In these last 2 years, I've re-connected with people with whom I'd lost contact in the past and rediscovered some wonderful friendships. Those people have challenged me, encouraged me and prayed for me; and I've had the privilege to reciprocate. But - and I can't really explain this except to say it was the leading of the Holy Spirit - on Sunday, after our openhouse bust, I knew it was time to give up Facebook. Maybe forever, maybe for 6 months, I don't know. But it was time.
It's been a good week. I haven't missed it at all, which surprises me. I guess that's because it was ordered of the Lord and not something I was trying to do in my own strength, because -- let's face it, honey --the temptation to revert back is always there. It's all good. I feel an unexpected sense of freedom by not being tied down to my computer. I have found plenty of other things to occupy my time: playing more games with the kids, running at the track (2 miles this morning! It's not much, but it's a start!), reading, etc. I have the email addresses of my closest friends, so I haven't lost anything in that respect. Those who want to keep in touch, will.
On a side note, today is a big day for Matt. That's all I can say for now, but I'll update when it's appropriate. If you're reading this post this morning, please pray that we will know the will of the Lord and have wisdom in some decisions. Thanks. Love you all.

1 comment: