Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

Happy Independance Day! I hope it was a wonderful weekend for everyone. It has been raining here ALL weekend so I'm glad we didn't make any plans. At this moment, Matt is playing a game of Risk with Zac, Seth and Abby while the younger girls and Luke are on the patio oohing and aahing as they watch a distant fireworks display. (though I don't know how anyone is having success with fireworks in this soggy weather.) Nathan is in my lap fighting sleep.
Tomorrow Zac leaves for Youth America, a Christian youth conference. He will be there until Friday. The opportunity for him to attend just came about two days ago thanks to the generosity of the youth group he's been attending for the past year-and-a-half. The conference is in North Oklahoma City, about 25 minutes away - but it might as well be in another state altogether as the use of cell phones and Ipods is strictly forbidden. It will be so good for Zac to "unplug" for awhile. Hopefully it will allow him to hear the Lord speak into his life.
Other big news happening this week is the undertaking of potty-training Luke. He loves to use the potty. The only thing holding him back has been a lack of consistency on my part, but it will be my priority now. He's ready! Yay!
I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment