Monday, June 7, 2010

Apologies For My Rant...

I apologize for the whiney tone of my last post. For some reason this weekend things just hit me really hard. Matt pointed out today that it's likely because the kids are out of school and I don't have that occupying my time anymore. He's probably right -- up until now I've had school assignments and issues foremost on my mind. Who has projects due, who hasn't finished their homework, do I need to give a spelling test, etc have constantly dictated my life for the past 10 months. Now -- nada. The reality sets in.
Tomorrow I am applying for a part-time job. I've looked at work-from-home opportunities and sadly, most of them are just scams. I am seriously considering taking an online course in medical coding and transcription, but I still need supplemental income in the meantime. So - in the morning I will visit Hobby Lobby, Mardel, Target and anywhere else that seems like a decent place to work and see what happens. The thought of leaving my family for a good portion of every day kills me. Taking care of them has been my life for 15 years. It will be an adjustment for all of us, but there by the grace of God I go.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see it is ranting...just being human! You have some difficult things to bear right now, so you are entitled to some late-night frosting! Way to go on your 5 months of clean eating...

    Bummer you have to work. Hang in there! You're in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished off the frosting last night. No guilt. : )

    ReplyDelete