Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our Estate, For Real

Our realtor held an open house here today and suggested a few days ago that we drop the asking price slightly and rearrange some rooms to spark new interest from potential buyers. We spent all day Saturday and part of today doing just that. Our dining room is now a second living room, our family room is now the dining room, and since our master bedroom now contains our only TV, I guess it's basically the family room.

Wait.....what?

We decided that we needed to perk up the living areas with bright colors, so Matt spent a few hours in the floral department at Hobby Lobby yesterday. I imagine he garnered more than a few peculiar looks from shoppers who witnessed him putting together several dried flower arrangements. Yep, I'm going to get mileage from that one. heheheh
I'm only posting "after" pics of the room makeovers, because I forgot to take "before" pics. I really hope this transformation will finally bring a buyer, because this new set-up is not conducive to our size family. Furthermore, today's open house yielded exactly one visitor. Just one. Oh, poo.

Even still, I hold to the promise in Romans 8:28..."And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Thank You, Lord! Without that confidence, I'd be a wreck!


Former family room, now the dining room

Former dining room, now a small sitting area

Our master bedroom...taken over.

1 comment: