Thursday, April 29, 2010

So THAT'S Why He Calls Me 'Red"....

Ok, let's face it. When I stepped into the tanning bed yesterday, I knew I wouldn't emerge looking like a female George Hamilton. However, neither did I expect to look like Clifford, the Big Red Dog.
$16 for lotion and a month's worth of tanning to stave off the annual "Don't wear shorts; you look like an albino" comments from my husband. He meant well in suggesting I go tanning, and I appreciated having a few minutes to imagine I was laying on the beach in Hawaii, breathing in the smell of coconut and feeling the cool breeze pass over me.
7 minutes is all it took to turn me into a human french fry. My kids keep asking me what the pink stuff is all over me. Yep, that would be my skin.
Sigh...guess I won't be wearing shorts this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment