Sunday, April 25, 2010

Old Friends

Yay!!! I got the opportunity to do something Saturday evening that is a rare treat for me. I went to dinner with a friend! Not just any friend, but one from my college days whom I have not seen in 18 years. She lives in Dallas but was in town this weekend with 3 of her 6 children for a Junior Bible Quiz regional competition. (Her 12 year-old twin boys are on the winning team. )
I took Nathan and Seth with me (since at 13 he is compatible for conversation with her boys) and we met at the Poblano Grill. I must say, that was the best "cheat" food I could have chosen! I will have to double my time on the elliptical tomorrow but it is worth it.
Anyway -- so we had a great time catching up over dinner, then Tanya and the boys came to the house for dessert so they could meet Matt and the rest of my tribe. We had such a lovely evening. It was a nice break from the tedium for me and another reason why I am grateful for Facebook, since it has allowed me to re-connect with people from my past.
On a side note -- whew! 3 showings in the past two days and another tomorrow. Thank you for praying!
Goodnight, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment