Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Greek to Me


Tuesday I was on hand at VCA to help with the 2nd grade Greek Festival. It was the culmination of their studies of the ancient Greeks. Another mom and I made laurels from ivy and "togas" from oversized teeshirts for each student and wrote their name on the front using Greek letters.
We started off the festivities with a feast of Greek food, followed by a presentation by the students about what they have learned about ancient Greece. It was then time for the first annual 2nd grade Olympic games.
Here are a few pictures, though I didn't take any during the Olympics. (My hands were full with Katie, Luke and Nathan, who all spent the entire schoolday there with me.)
It was a really fun time for the kids and parents alike!



That's Ally reciting her piece about the ancient Olympic games.








No comments:

Post a Comment