Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday, April 9, 2010

My eyes sting from the tears that can't seem to stop tonight and my heart is heavy with sadness over the events that occurred in the life of dear friends today. It's one of those times when there are no words that seem adequate to speak to someone grieving.
I am reminded, however, that our Abba Father -- our "Daddy God" -- knows our grief. It is His gentle hand that will wake us in the morning and help my friends through another difficult day. It is His loving arms that encircle us and draw us close in the midst of pain. After all, our Father watched His own son die brutally as an innocent man. I can only imagine the tenderness He has for a mother whose womb, and now arms, are empty.
He is our comforter, He is the Rock I cling to, He is the Lover of my soul. He is the one who mercifully carries the sickly baby into Heaven and restores her. I know she's playing at the feet of Jesus right now, healthy and beautiful and whole. He loves her even more than her parents do. What a loving, merciful God I serve.

1 comment:

  1. Last August my best friend gave birth to a stillborn little girl. I cried for a month. She still cries a lot. I had never been so close to someone who was grieving so deeply. The Lord has grown my heart so much over this past year.

    We'll join you in prayer--that the Lord would give you wisdom about when and what to speak and when just to listen. Your friendship will be a comfort. And we'll pray for her--not just for today, but for a long while.

    ReplyDelete