Friday, March 19, 2010

Oklahoma is NOT Ok!

Today's forecast: partly sunny, high near 70.

Tomorrow's forecast: 80% chance of snow, high of 34.
....Seriously???

I am home with just five children until a week from Saturday (3/27 --Matt's IN trip had to be extended) so I'm planning to hit Blockbuster this morning and stock up on movies in anticipation of a cold, snowy weekend. I will also be poring over the jobs ads in every Florida paper available. I'm tired of crazy Oklahoma weather!

On a more positive note, I took the five shoe-shopping yesterday. Luke kept handing me Dora the Explorer shoes until I was finally able to coax him into some Spiderman tennies. Madi and Katie each found non-play shoes that I'm sure at some point will end up covered in mud. I found some great heels that would actually make me look like an adult, but never even had the chance to try them on (I did mention I was shopping with 5 children, right?) and so alas, heel-less I remain. I did, however, find great satisfaction earlier in the day when I dug out a pair of jeans from my drawer, unworn for 2-1/2 years because they were always too tight. Yesterday when I tried them on I discovered they fit and looked great. Nice to know that all my hard work and sweat is paying off!


No comments:

Post a Comment