Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting Settled

And.....I'm back.  Hello, readers! It has been a busy three weeks here in Abilene! Week one was spent moving and spending precious time with Matt's parents; week two was spent enrolling 6 kids in school and chasing down shot records; week three saw the commencement of the school year.  All has gone well albeit a few minor hiccups along the way.
I confess that I was a bit skeptical of this house when we first moved in.  There are glaring issues with damage from previous tenants, along with the fact that this 50-year old home has shifted off its foundation somewhat.  But overall I'm very happy here.  The layout of this house is perfect for our size family. The landlord has been most accomodating in getting things repaired. I think they're just happy to have a family live here instead of college students who own 5 dogs. Yikes! (As I write this, the "tub guys" are getting ready to reveal our refinished bathtub! We've had only one bathroom to use for three days.  Think about it: 10 people, one bathroom. Let grace abound!)

My last look at our house in OKC.


Our first stop in the 5-hour drive: lunch!
Home sweet home!  I have always loved Texas!


We have a great screened-in sunporch! It also served as temporary storage as we got boxes emptied.
We have a big fenced backyard where the kids made a rope swing.
 

If you know Matt's mom, you won't be at all surprised to know that she vacuumed our driveway.


But she definitely made sure to spend quality time with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment