Friday, May 6, 2011

I Guess that's Why They Call It the Blues ♫ ♫

I know, I know...I've been neglecting this blog.  It's not been intentional, but rather due to a few factors beyond my control: 1.) My hp Pavilion laptop is currently dead.  The thing is only 2-1/2 years old and I've had to replace the hard drive twice. Last week the hard drive died once again, but since it's no longer under warranty I replaced it myself.  A friend researched and found a good one for me to purchase and when it arrived I put the little sucker in all by myself.  I did it correctly, but unfortunately there is now a glitch with the boot disk.  So -- for those of you not technologically hip, I'm sorry.  So many words for one little explanation. That said, it boils down to me sharing the family computer with 8 other people.
Second reason: life is boring.  Wait...did this mother of eight just say "life is boring"? Yep.  Because it is. Day in, day out, it's the same thing with a different dinner menu.  The older boys have 14 school days left.  14 days of me getting up at 5:30 a.m. to have some peaceful time before waking them up for school; 14 more days of hurrying them to the bus stop, hoping they make it on time; 14 more days of happily hearing about their day when they arrive home in the afternoon. The girls have about one month left in their school year. However, even with summer break to look forward to, it doesn't change the fact that each day is just like the day before and the day after.
Matt uses the car 6 days a week for work.  On the seventh day (Sunday) I might be lucky enough to get a trip to the grocery store. That's it.  That's my outing for the week.  High gas prices and a lack of funds prevent us from doing anything more than what is absolutely necessary. I'm turning into Rapunzel because I can't even make a hair appointment.
When I sleep at night, I have dreams that consist of boring household things like  realizing that we've run out of paper towels, or discovering that someone left the hose running all night, and I've even been known to dream that I went to 7-11 and they were out of Big Gulp cups.  Not very exciting stuff...not even the weird inconsistencies that usually come with nighttime dreams.
S...please forgive me for not blogging more often. When there is actually something worth blogging about, you bet I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment