Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Sweet Smell of Success

Abby and Ally ask me often if they can take over the kitchen and make some baked goods.  (By "often" I mean 6 or 7 days a week.)  Abby has memorized Grandma's recipe for Health bread and Ally is able to whip up a batch of gingersnaps all by herself.  Yesterday, however, they pursued a new challenge.  They asked to try their hands at a Cinnamon yeast bread  using a recipe they found on America's Test Kitchen.  I didn't start making yeast breads until after I got married because I know what an undertaking they can be (especially since my BreadMan died a few years ago), but I obliged their request. 
The entire process took about 4 hours, with rising, rolling, and baking.  I didn't help them one iota -- they did the whole thing themselves. The result: pure awesomeness!

 Here are the happy bakers. (This photo also illustrates why, when Abby outgrows clothing, it sits in storage for a few years before Ally can wear it.)


                                                    Beautiful!
                     

    Mmmm...can you smell how yummy it is?

                               You want one more look, don't you?

1 comment: