Friday, February 18, 2011

Best. Day. Ever. (or at least, pretty close)

Wednesday, Feb. 16:
 Day three of my life as a 41 year-old. The snow was long gone and the kids were looking forward to playing outside in the sunshine. My laptop was (still is) unusable while I await a new power cord to arrive, so school was staggered and improvised among the girls.  I heard Matt's phone ring and brought it to him (he was ...ahem..."indisposed" at the moment) and realized it was just a solicitor calling.  Then I noticed his email symbol blinking. He didn't have his glasses on so I read the email to him.
It was a job offer.
He accepted.
He starts Monday.
He received another email: our tax return was accepted and the refund is on its way.  Whew! We hadn't been sure how that would pan out since our only income in 2010 was from his unemployment payments.
His phone rang.  It was so-and-so publisher. The survey Matt filled out last week just won him a $250 Visa gift card; no strings attached. Well, okay - if you insist!
I had to order a new phone for Zac because his broke. I had a free upgrade on my line so I let him pick out the phone he wanted and I started to place the order online.  The phone was free but it's $18 to upgrade the line.  What a rip-off! Matt suggested I call AT&T and see what I could do to avoid  having to pay the fee. I did, and "Gloria" (the customer service rep)  laughed and agreed that the fee was rather ludicrous, then sweetly gave me an $18 credit on my next bill. Why, thank you!
Zac went to youth group that evening armed with his registration form and $28 for the 2-day retreat they're holding this weekend. We really wanted him to be able to attend the retreat so we rearranged this week's grocery budget to cover the money.  He texted us to say that his youth leaders announced the winner of a photo contest they'd had, and it was he who won! The prize: free registration to the retreat.
To top off a nearly perfect day, we watched a previously-missed episode of Burn Notice.
Ahhh...life is good.

1 comment: