Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Must-Read

I've been whining a lot lately.  Things aren't going the way we thought they should.  In fact, saved to my drafts is an entire post devoted to complaining about how difficult our lives are right now.
Then....I received a good, old-fashioned "God-smack" (for lack of a better term).  He brought something to my attention which changed my entire outlook.  Even though I'm ashamed and humbled when He does that, I'm grateful.  It reminds me that my loving Father is teaching me and spurning me on to become more like Christ and less like Rebecca. 
The blog "Land of Milk and Honey" is the tool He used to change my heart and teach me gratefulness.  (The link is at the end of this post.) It caught my attention because of the author's honest, humble approach and her raw emotions.  I wept for her as I read of her loss and I realized once again that I don't have a right to complain about anything.   I don't know this woman, but her family has been on my heart and in my prayers since I first read it.
So -enjoy. I hope it moves you the way it's moved me.  Warning:  she's quite graphic when it comes to some of the chores she undertakes on her farm. However, you can skip those posts and go directly to the one titled "Good Grief".  It's beautiful and poignant.
Blessings to you, my dear friends and readers. Have a lovely day.

http://landuvmilknhoney.blogspot.com/2010_12_01_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment