Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Lovely Gesture

Is there anything as tasteful and thoughtful as a homemade gift? Our neighbors Phil and Shannon brought over these goodies yesterday. (There were 10 cupcakes but the kiddos devoured them before I took the picture.)  The entire tray was wrapped in a billow of celophane and topped with a large gold bow. The jam is a labor of love from Shannon and their daughters.  It's so pretty I hate to open it; but I can't wait to enjoy some on biscuits this weekend with my morning coffee. The loaf is a fragrant and delicious pumpkin bread, which is similiar to the loaves I coincidently had baking in my oven when they stopped by.
They also brought over their yellow lab Copper, whom the younger children adore.  It was a bit too cold to play outside with him, but they were thrilled to briefly pet him on the front porch before the unforgiving wind forced everyone - except the dog - inside.
This Christmas season has been different from any we've experienced before for obvious reasons, but this sweet gift from thoughtful friends warmed my heart. I hope that next year we will be the ones delivering a timely gift and boosting the spirits of someone in a difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment