Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Adventures of Swifty: The Elusive Mouse Who Made a Family Paranoid and Unable to Sleep For 3 Nights


Ok, though the title may give a clue, I won't bother posting about it.  Just be glad you weren't in my closet at 6:45 am Tuesday.  Thankfully,  some good things happened that day as well, like watching the midterm election results.  It was also the day Nathan turned one.  Actually, we haven't even celebrated yet.  It's not really required if the birthday child has no clue what a birthday is, right? Anyway, enough about Tuesday.
 Today we hired yet another realtor.  The ForSaleByOwner attempt just hasn't generated enough interest, and the agent we're with now - Brent - has an honest and successful approach to selling homes.  We met him a few months ago and have been able to observe his business practices and integrity.  He's a genuine Christian man who is sympathetic to our situation, and after a lot of prayer and consideration we decided hiring him is in our best interest. 
There's been plenty of ups and downs this week.  Matt and I feel at our wits' end as each day passes without a job offer or movement on the house. However,  God has brought my attention to Jeremiah 31:2-3 several times this week:

"Thus says the LORD: "The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness; when Israel sought for rest, the LORD appeared to him from afar,
saying, " I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you."

Grace in the wilderness...  such beautiful words to a parched soul! 
And with those words, I'll close. My brain is tired and the kids are ready for bed. In honor of my new one year-old, I'm posting a few pictures.
Goodnight, dear readers!


Nathan Joseph, 2 weeks old
3 months


6 months. What a cutie!


Nov. 2, 2010  My truckload of mischief....Happy Birthday, Nate the Great!


No comments:

Post a Comment