Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Same Old, Same Old"

My heart is heavy this morning -- weighed down with the burden of our circumstances.  I checked Matt's inbox  and found yet another discouraging email:
"Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your recent expression of interest in career opportunities at _____________. We are always pleased when talented individuals express an interest in our company.
We are fortunate to receive inquiries from a large number of qualified candidates. Our requirements make it impossible to interview all of those interested in a position with our company. After a careful evaluation of your application, we regret to inform you that we are unable to initiate discussions with you at this time. However, we will retain your information on file for up to one year.
We appreciate your interest in _____________ and wish you every success in your career pursuits."

Matt has sent out his resume everyday for the past 358 days. Most of the time, if there is a response it is similiar to the one above. Recently he interviewed with two local companies and then never heard from them again.
As well, we had another Open House this week (our 9th Sunday in a row) and had more traffic than we expected.  Two couples especially seemed quite interested in our home.  Today is Tuesday and we haven't heard from either of them.  Be patient, right?  Well frankly, I'm tired of being patient.  We've been doing this since January -- eleven months!-- and I don't have any more patience in me.
I cling to the knowledge that God's timing and Will is perfect. That's all we have, really: our faith and hope that He will work all things together for our good. If I didn't have faith in my Lord I wouldn't have anything;  I would be completely hopeless. I often wonder how those who don't believe in God can even get up in the morning, since they have no one to pray to, no one to fall on their knees before, and no one to give them the peace that "everything will work out."
Well, I guess I've rambled and complained long enough this morning.  Time to hit the books and start history lessons. Late start this morning, which always sends me into a panic -- but we'll recover. Have a blessed day, all!

P.S.  Here's your "Oh Gross!" moment for the week: Nathan ate a cricket -- or possibly a spider-- the other day.  He walked into the room during our family devotions with its legs hanging out of his mouth. He had already chewed up the rest of its body. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment