Saturday, October 9, 2010

Anticipa-ay-tion-- It's Making Me Wait

Pardon the odd title.  It's a flashback from one of those "K-Tel" music compiliation commercials that I'd see on tv when I was a kid. Come on now; don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about!
Anyway, I'm up bright and early (5:45a.m.) on this Saturday thanks to a certain baby who decided it's time to play.   Regardless, this day shall prove to be an anxious one for me.  We showed our house last night to a family who found our ad on ebay and was eager to see it.  They were here for quite a long time (that's always a good sign) but there are other homes they want to see as well.  So now, we wait.
Today is also the game.  I do mean, THE GAME. My unbeaten U-M Wolverines play their instate unbeaten rival, the Michigan State Jailbirds Spartans. I really don't know if I will even watch it because I HATE suspense!  If we have a sizeable lead (not likely) I will stick around, but I'm sure it will be a nail-biter and I can't handle the stress of that. Aye!
Let's hope it doesn't go into overtime, because Zac is due on the other side of town around the projected ending time for the game. He is going to a surprise party for one of his best friends, and it will be awesome: Peter's mother booked his favorite Christian band to play a concert at a local park for his 16th birthday. She invited one hundred of his closest friends and I imagine it will be a birthday Peter will never forget. Pretty neat!
Now I shall go burn off my anxiety with a 3-mile run on this beautiful Fall morning. Before I depart, here are a few more random pictures from this week: the girls at the Museum of Natural History (not a great shot because I was holding a sleeping Nathan while using my cellphone camera) and also my goofy birthday boy (who, by the way, is fully potty-trained now. 7 down, 1 to go!)  Have a great Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment