Sunday, September 26, 2010

Handy Mommy

What happens when I grow tired of waiting for things to get fixed around here? I do it myself.  God bless the people who take the time to post Internet videos or step-by-step instructions for simple household repairs.  Yesterday in a 2-hour time frame I adjusted the garage door that wouldn't stay closed; I rewired the doorbell which hadn't worked in 3 months; and I fixed the leaky kitchen faucet. (Well, ok - it doesn't leak as much now, but it still has its quirks.)  Matt was so impressed when he got home that he said he'd take back every negative thing he's ever said about me.  Ha!
Now if I could just access the dipswitch on our bedroom fan so I can replace the remote control Luke lost last year, I'd be over the moon with joy.  Wouldn't you know -- that stinker set the controls to "high" and then (I'm guessing) threw the remote in the trash. We can't use our ceiling fan or the lights because we'll be blinded and whooshed away by the mighty gusts it produces. I bought a replacement remote over a year ago, but since the dipswitch is located above the ceiling at the fan's installment location I'm out of luck. There is nothing on the Internet that can help me with that one! 
Oh well. At least I can close the garage door without it automatically re-opening and I get to listen to the happy chime of our doorbell once again.
Have a blessed week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment