Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Drowning -- or At Least I Think I Am

Ever feel overwhelmed? I am SO in over my head right now.  Abby and Madi have begun their online schooling this week and I feel like I am clawing into rock so I don't fall off the edge of a cliff.  There is so much more involvement for me than I realized. I am accountable and responsible for a lot, and I can't let my girls fall behind. I also had to investigate why Allyson wasn't approved to begin yet and discovered there was a hangup with trying to push her ahead into 4th grade. We had held her back a few years ago to let her develop her reading skills, and when we applied with OKVA they told me she could skip third grade and go directly to 4th.  Apparently I got some bad information, so girlfriend is quite disappointed that she'll have to do third grade this year after all. Hopefully she'll be able to start next week.
We are also getting acclamated to being a one-vehicle family.  Translation: we are a family of ten with a Suburban that seats 8.  From now on whenever we go somewhere altogether, we have to figure out who needs to double-buckle and who has to sit in the cargo space.  Fun times.
Though we are thankful and relieved that Matt's truck sold so quickly, he misses it. He has once or  twice more than a few times wistfully said, "I sold my truck". I think he's trying to let the reality set in that it's really gone for good.  I've reminded him that not everyone would make the decision he did: to sacrifice something that meant a lot to him for the good of the family.  I really love that man!
Ahhh...I'm hearing the demand for lunch.  Time to go cook up a big ol' pot of mac and cheese for my hungry crew.  After that, I'll stare at my to-do list for school and cry some more.
Happy Wednesday, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, busy busy! I hope everything comes together with the online schooling and that you're able to get into the groove of things.
    How great, that you were able to sell the truck so quickly. We may need to sell our 2nd vehicle, too. Thanks for your great example, as always.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete