Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just A Thought

This is something I've become strongly aware of lately: once we get through this season of unemployment and transition (which I hope is really, really soon) I will have a greater appreciation and compassion for others in this position. Prior to Nov. 23, 2009 I never gave much consideration to those who were in a similiar plight. I am ashamed to admit that even acquaintances who were suddenly jobless didn't get much sympathy from me. However, because our God is gracious and delights when my heart is changed, He has opened my eyes and given me compassion for those who are in our situation. I can't wait for the day our family can use our resources to bless someone else who is struggling.
This journey has been both wrenching and joyous. The work that God has done in our lives is too wonderful to comprehend. I have no regrets, and I know that Matt feels the same. I am ready to be done with it, of course, but meanwhile, I am thankful for the fruit borne from our trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment