Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling Crafty

I have hated these gold manufacturers' warning labels since the day we bought the girls' beds. There is one on each headboard and each footboard. They were applied with some sort of permanant glue. Now that we've de-bunked the beds, the stickers are at eye-level and look pretty awful.

I've tried everything to remove them to no avail, and after three years I finally (duh) came up with a solution.

First I sprayed a matching paint over the sticker. Aw, phooey -- I should have sanded it first.

After the paint dried, I applied these cute decals on the headboards. The rough bumps from the stickers made it less-than-perfect, but the girls like them anyway.

I made basic picture holders from corkboard, fabric and ribbon, and used adhesive to attach them to the footboards.

So...I'm no Martha Stewart, but for $22 and 1 hour of work, I'll take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment