Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to Square One

Matt received some discouraging news. He'd been on track to start a career in the insurance business with a nationally-known company. Over the past 6 weeks he's taken the pre-requisite exams, been to lunch with the district manager, and has been clearing the last of the hurdles before getting officially hired. He was anticipating the possibility of meeting with the state director this week. However, yesterday he was informed that a policy had just recently changed and because of it, he no longer qualifies for the position. Just like that, he was done. It felt like a punch in the stomach.
So, I guess the Lord has another plan for us. I don't know where He's going with all of this, but all I can do is trust that He will take care of us. Whatever happens, He is still the Lord of my life and Matt's, and nothing will change that.
We're back to scanning Monster, CareerBuilder and Craigslist in hopes that a new job will open up. We're going to withdrawl the last of his 401k to pay September's mortgage. After that, I don't know what we'll do. We'd anticipated that he'd start the job with the insurance company by late September and we could pay October's bills with his earnings. Now, all we have left is faith that God will provide. Whether we sell the house or end up losing it, it's because it is His Will.
My boys are about to begin a new school year this morning. Seth is going to a new school for the first time without any of his siblings there, and he's as nervous as heck. He's shy and doesn't know a soul there, but I keep assuring him he will make friends and be fine. This old hymn has come to mind this morning, and it's a good reminder for both Seth and me.

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand."

1 comment:

  1. How devastating! I'm so sorry. I think about you guys daily and keep you in my prayers. Something's gotta give, right? And of course, you know in whom you should trust. Somehow it will work out. These are all things I keep telling myself, too. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete