Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Join the Club....

We've been shopping at Sam's Club for our bulk purchases for over 10 years. Today I got my first membership card. What??? It's true -- I'm official now. No need to send Matt out to do the Sam's run. I can go all by myself. Yay for the membership card!
All playfulness aside, I am thankful, thankful, thankful for God's provision. We always seem to have enough, whether in times of plenty or times of need. The Lord is giving me wisdom about improving my spending habits and I'm honing in on ways to save money; ie couponing, making homemade cleaning products for pennies on the dollar, actually completing those little surveys on the store receipts that automatically enter you to win $1,000, etc. This fine-tuning of my financial habits is ordered by the Lord, and it's the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. I believe it is the final frontier, so to speak, of this great journey we've been on for the past 6 months.
Once I tweak the whole "homemade cleaning products" thing, I'll post the recipes. A few ingredients have been difficult to find but I'm looking forward to making my big ol' 5-gallon bucket of laundry detergent. Yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment